Here’s how to restore a WordPress site to a new WordPress installation, perhaps at another web host:
1. Create a database, a database user and assign the user to the database. If this is too much trouble, you can use a one click installer as long as you then delete the WordPress installation files (keep a copy of the wp_config-file though) via FTP and drop all the tables from the database (doing this will give you the basic database setup).
2. Download WordPress, unzip and upload the files to the server
3. Go to your web-address and run the installation
4. OPTIONAL: If you have a backup of your old theme, upload the theme folder into the wp-content –> themes -folder and upload the “uploads” folder inside “wp-content” as well.
5. You site should now be up and running!